Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dear body: Thank you for choosing to live

I have now spent a total of 40 consecutive hours in bed (minus the trips to the bathroom, and occasionally struggling out the front door for some fresh air). Ah, food poisoning, I haven't had you in so long I forgot what it feels like. Reminder to you all: Worst experience of my life.

Now that my face has returned it's colour and I'm thanking my body for choosing to live, I can now keep down juice and some lighter-foods (but foods none-the-less). Woooo!

Trying to figure out where I picked this up from, Monday night's bbq steak is the only thing I can pin it down to. Weird, huh? I didn't know it was possible to get food poisoning from steak, but I guess anything is possible. As I've also been fighting off a pretty bad cold, I feel like I was getting kicked while I was down.

I'm in better spirits today. I'm taking a Theatre Appreciation class and I have to perform a play on Friday. I'm relieved that I am on the mend and hopefully everything will go off without a hitch. In the meantime, I'm still on the couch recovering.... visitors are welcome. I like popsicles and ice cream.

No comments: