Thursday, May 1, 2008

So long, and thanks for the zen!

Here I am, writing to you from the Vancouver airport; a place that is like a labyrinth to navigate through and filled with tonnes of anxious travelers, grumbling, unhappy airport workers, and overpriced everything... but I have never been so happy to be here - back in Canada - almost back at home... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Although I am really looking forward to getting back to my place, I am also a little disappointed that I'm leaving Hawaii. This means no more talks about life with Jess and Marcelo... no more coqui frogs to serenade me asleep... no more Chad making me the best sandwiches at Safeway slash telling me his life stories... no more ecstatic dance... no more hitchhiking. It seems like it was a couple days ago that I was watching old greg with Dan and Jamie, 6 weeks ago. With awesome trips to the hot ponds, riding the 'be cool loop', Climbing up a Volcano on my bike, Waikoloa for the lavaman, a weekend in Kona with Lindsay, Sailing with the Hanza's, hiking trips to the Hamakua falls, and quality time with Jess and Caro, Paulie's safe and successful surgery with a quick recovery, this is definitely a trip that is going to stay with me forever. I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. If you are reading this, chances are you're one of them - so thanks!

Keep Dreaming,

J

1 comment:

Tom said...

Yeah you're right... I'm pretty rad to the max.

All those other people are cool too. Did you know that Paulie invented putting banana slices on toast? Spooky