Sunday, March 29, 2009

Road Runner

It's official. I splurged, spent the seven dollars and I'm now a PIH'er! I'm pumped! For those of you who don't know what the Prairie Inn Harriers are, they are one of the biggest running groups in Victoria. Known for their love and passion of running, I'm hoping some of it will rub off on me.
I've been regularly attending the Lifesport Saturday runs, and they've definitely been making me quicker. However, I think that I need to get in more than one run a week. The Harrier's run on Tuesday night, Thursday morning, and Saturday morning. Although I wont be giving up my Lifesport run on Saturday, I think the extra two runs a week will hopefully make me faster!

This morning, I drove out to the Caleb Pike crit. I watched the boys race and walked around the course. It was such a beautiful day! It made me feel great knowing I was going to ride that afternoon. I met Jenny at the switchbridge and we did the reverse peninsula ride. Averaging about 30k an hour, it was perfect! It's been my longest ride since September, not to mention, some of the best company I've had on the bike in a while! Finishing our ride along the goose downtown, I felt like I could keep riding for a while. Ah, I've got to remember this feeling when I am feeling lousy on the bike. Today has been a fabulous day! As for tomorrow, I've got a swim at noon, and I'm hoping to make it to the OBB women's ride, if I can get my homework done in time. I've got one more week of classes.... I can't wait until this semester is over! I've got 4, 10-12 page papers to write, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Keep fit and have fun!

JS

No comments: