Monday, March 24, 2008

that's trippy

As I've been meeting more and more locals, most are some of Jess' friends, the more I hear the term 'trippy'. I don't know if it's a Hawaiian thing, or even an American thing, but it's trippy! I hear that term more in one day, than I have in my whole life. When I strike up a conversation with someone, and it comes up that I'm Canadian, I get the same two responses; 'That's trippy, EH!?, what's with people from Canada always saying eh?' or 'oh wow, Is it always cold up there?'.
I find it funny, and try to come up with some ridiculous story to tell.

On another note, today I hit up this awesome beach, with Jess' friend, Marcelo. He is a really cool guy. We sun bathed for an hour, and then jumped in the ocean to see some sea turtles! There are some really cool looking fish we saw, too! I'm looking forward to doing some snorkeling and surfing in the near future! Here are some pics from the beach:





Yesterday, Dan and I rode to the Natural Hot Ponds for a dip! The Natural Hot Ponds is a pond of water that is heated naturally by the earth underground. The only thing man made is the siding along the pond that is concrete, and a couple steps on each side. It was a great ride, and then we plugged in the tuneskies and soaked up the sun for an hour. It was a Skinner-bonding experience... I loved it. Then we headed back home early afternoon. I also bought a pair of crocks yesterday. They're the best pair of shoes I think I own. If you don't have a pair, you should consider investing.

Keep Dreaming... cause it's a trip!

JS

No comments: