Thursday, March 27, 2008

Week 1 in Hawaii

Today marks my one week of being in Hawaii. Hawaii is pretty awesome, and I've been able to do some pretty sweet stuff. Here's a little list of the things I've done so far:

*Rode my bike more in 7 days than I normally do in 14
*Eaten the most amount of macadamia nuts in one sitting period
*Swam with sea turtles
*Danced with naked hippies
*Watched more Old Gregg vids than ever before
*Eaten the most amount of fruit than I have in my life
*Swam in the Hot Ponds
*Danced on stage with an Australian dance group
*Been to many local markets
*Watched a modern-day church jam sesh
*Hitchhiked (and the guy driving was drinking a Milwaukee's Best)
*Started a blog!!

I'm super excited because my roommate, friend and training buddy, Lindsay, is flying into Kona next week. I've been feeling a little homesick lately, and I have a feeling she's going to be the cure. Another friend of mine, Carolyn, is joining us shortly after on the 4th. Their arrivals are going to kick start a fabulous week which leads into the Lavaman Triathlon on the 6th in Waikoloa. For the four days following the race, LifeSport is putting on a triathlon camp that I am equally excited about. This will be a trip of many firsts for me, so I am feeling so thankful that I can be apart of so many things with such awesome people!

Keep Dreaming!

JS

1 comment:

jessica rae kirkwood said...

whaa whaa... I'm sorry... I'm trying to cure your homesickness...that makes me feel sad...